A-1 Cycle Center Fitting
A proper bike fitting is essential for safety, balance, power, comfort and bio-mechanical efficiency. All of these things add up to PERFORMANCE!
Our Body Geometry (BG) bike fitters utilize Retul motion capture software to determine your optimal position and bike setup. Using the Body Geometry fit process, we start with a physical assessment, to determine your neutral position. This allows us to alter the bike to fit the rider, not the rider to the bike.
The BG FIT Process:
- Pre-fit interview - Every fit, whether it's for a novice or experienced cyclist starts with a brief interview with our trained technician that addresses your needs, goals and injury history.
- Flexibility assessment - This evaluation provides an accurate picture of your flexibility and other physical attributes, including assessment of foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, shoulder extension, hip flexion and leg length, among others.
- Side view - This is a riding-position assessment using your side view on the bike. The goal is to find the correct neutral position that's both efficient and comfortable by adjusting the seat, handlebars, stem and cleats.
- Front view - Analysis from a front view to optimize hip, knee and foot alignment for optimum efficiency and balanced power delivery. This includes analysis of the pedal and shoe placement and how squarely you sit on the seat.
- Follow-up - After a week or so, the technician calls to discuss the effectiveness of the adjustments and to answer any other questions or concerns you may have.
Benefits of our BG FIT Fittings:
- We're trained in muscle and skeletal anatomy related to the motion of cycling, common aches and pains associated with cycling, and the corrections necessary to address these issues.
- We assess your pedal stroke and can install BG footbeds and varus/valgus wedges to properly align your feet/knees/hips for maximum efficiency and comfort.
- We can help you ride longer, faster, happier, and healthier so you gain the get the most from your cycling.
- With our fitting experience, tools and unique Specialized Body Geometry bicycles and equipment, we can recommend adjustments and products that solve even unique challenges in flexibility, comfort, injuries and power output.